A project workshop was held at the University of Sheffield on May 20th 2019 on the topic of intersectionality in health inequalities research. The audience were a mixture of academics, and people working in third sector organisations, local city councils and other national and local bodies.
The specific aims of the workshop were as follows:
- To spread awareness of intersectionality and its potential for understanding/tackling health inequalities.
- To share examples of how intersectionality can be applied to health inequalities research.
- To get input from both academic and non-academic audiences on current challenges/issues in intersectionality research.
- To establish ways forward and next steps in promoting intersectional ways of thinking.
- To facilitate networking on this topic.
A summary of the workshop is available here [link here].